Longtail Pet Motel closed for COVID 19 until further notice
We closed due to Covid 19 and will advise when we open again.
Thanks to all our customers for their support. We will miss caring for your Pets.
Take care and be kind to each other including Pets
Thanks Trish, Kevin, Sarah and staff.
Longtail Pet Transportation
Moving Nationally or Internationally?
Let us remove the stress and arrange the documentation and transportation of your beloved pets.
Pet Transportation and Documentation arranged on your behalf
About Longtail Pet Transport
Longtail has been transporting Pets for 30 years as well as running the Pet Motel
- We are Government registered exporters for all pets so can fulfil all the Government requirements. You get correct information regarding Vaccinations blood tests and treatments for any country you wish to move your pets to.
- We offer a caring individual service always assuring your Pets in a positive way. This is reflected in how the pets travel. For all road transport, we have air conditioned van. All aircraft temperature and air quality is the same as for passengers.
- We can care for your Pets in our excellent individual accommodation pet motel, if needed.
- We supply only airline approved cages giving protection and safety for your pets
- We have an excellent arrangement with leading NZ company Aircare Pet Services, giving you access to quality pet travel if we cannot help
All travel is priced on an individual basis so please contact us
Review for Longtail Pet Transportation
Longtail took care of the travel requirements of my two dogs, a German Shepherd and a Golden Retriever, travelling to England.
I was required to travel ahead of our dogs, leaving them in the care of a friend for their quarantine period at the end of which Longtail collected the dogs from Tauranga, transported them to the airport in Auckland, and checked that all customs requirements were met.
Our dogs are happy and healthy in England, and I will be forever grateful to Longtail for their excellent advice, very caring service, and flawless organisation of the trip.
Due to Longtail's experience and care, there were no "hiccups" or problems, neither of which would've been welcome considering I was already very worried about transporting the dogs anyway - Longtail made the boys' trip so much easier, and the dogs arrived happy and smiling.
Thank you Longtail I don't know what I would've done without your support, advice and genuine concern for our dogs.
Kindest regards, Jen Gibson
Original review on Finda
Moving Pets Internationally
Moving Pets to Australia
- NZ and Australia have a special arrangement for Pets traveling from NZ
- All Pets must be microchipped and be seen by a MPI approved Vet within 5 days of departure.
- The Vet confirms the animals ID and gives a basic health check to confirm your Pet is fit to travel.
- Then your Pet will be flea/wormed as per Australian government requirements and a numbered export certificate is issued
Moving Pets to other International locations
- All countries have an OMAR issued by NZ Govt. These spell out the requirements for Pets to enter their country.
- All Pets must have any required vaccinations, blood tests and treatments attended to by your own Vet.
- The Pets will be required to be seen by MPI Vets at the airport prior to departure
- All documents are checked and the Pets ID confirmed and cage checked for suitability.
- MPI then issue an AWEC doc, certifying all is correct, and then issue the export documents
International pet moving details
We arrange the flight details to any International airport and arrange for you or your agent to uplift your pets approximately 2 hours after the flight lands. There are costs to be paid when uplifting.
We supply new plastic “PP” series cages and if needed custom built wooden airline approved cages with attached drinking bowls. These cages are yours to keep or on sell. The cost to return them to NZ is more than the cages cost.
Please note: Any Pet bedding you may want to send (jersey, t-shirt, towel/ bed mat) must not affect the Pets ability to stand up and turn around.
Transport Cost is based on space taken up in the aircraft - not weight.
Please contacts us for personal service
Domestic Pet Travel
We can fly your Pets to all airports around New Zealand from Hamilton, including Pet pickup and suppling a suitable transport hire cage
We pick up and deliver Pets by air condition van within a 3 hour travel time from Hamilton
Pet Taxi Service
Longtail Pet Transportation offer a local collection and delivery service for pets
We pick up and deliver pets by air condition van within a 3-hour travel time from Hamilton.
Pet Transport Cages
We have Pet Transport Cages available for sale and hire.
Longtail has a full range of plastic “PP” series including water bowl and funnel for sale. We do also sell cages to use for up to 2 weeks and refund all the money less $50 if the cages are not damaged and returned to us within the 2 weeks
For all your pet transport requirements, please